Commissioner Jenn Weaver ran unopposed for mayor and has been elected. The Hillsborough Board of Commissioners is seeking a qualified Hillsborough resident to serve the two years that will remain in Weaver’s term as commissioner. Residents were able to apply online until noon Nov. 8. Two candidates have withdrawn from consideration.
Below is a timeline for the current commissioner search:
- Oct. 14 — Approve appointment process and online application.
- Nov. 8 — Close the online application period at noon.
- Nov. 12 — Discuss the applications and decide whether to conduct interviews.
- Nov. 25 — Possibly conduct interviews, deliberate and vote to select a candidate.
- Dec. 9 — Swear in the candidate if selected Nov. 25. Further deliberate, conduct interviews and vote if candidate was not selected at the previous meeting.