Thank you for your interest is working for the Town of Hillsborough!
Below, you will find information on the town's employment practices, how to apply and current openings.
The Town of Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for job openings are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The town is a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. All job applicants must take and pass a mandatory drug test as soon as practical following their acceptance of a conditional offer of employment.
The town reserves the right to re-advertise positions or to delay or cancel the filling of a position.
The town offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Eleven-12 paid holidays.
- Generous program including sick, vacation, bereavement, parental, civil and Family and Medical Leave Act leave.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance (for employee only).
- Option to enroll in a high-deductible health plan with town contributions, including seed money.
- Participation in the N.C. Local Government Employees Retirement System.
- A 401(k) supplemental plan with a 5% contribution by the town.
- Longevity pay plan and routine merit increases.
- Employee assistance counseling program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Consideration of transfer of sick leave from another North Carolina state or local government agency.
- Cell phone stipend or cell phone.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Personal vehicle stipend.
- Flexible work schedule, with approval
- Independent work environment.
- Informal yet professional atmosphere.
The town's Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina rate files can be be accessed on the company website. Look for the Town of Hillsborough Table of Content filename to see files associated with the town's health plan.
The town accepts applications only for positions for which recruitment is taking place. Separate applications are required for each position.
Applications must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. on the closing date for the applicant to be considered as a candidate. Submission of application materials is the sole responsibility of the applicant. Late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
Apply online by visiting the town's Neogov employment website, clicking on the job title that interests you and then clicking on the "Apply" button. If this is the first time you are applying for a job using Neogov, you will need to create an account and select a username and password. After your Neogov account has been established, you can build an application by clicking on the "Build Job Application" link. This application will be saved and may be used to apply for other job openings.
The town's application is designed to assist the hiring staff in evaluating an applicant's qualifications for a specific position. Please read the position advertisement carefully to ensure your background meets the position's requirements. On your application, show specific qualifications that relate to the position. Each application is reviewed with care and attention to identify the candidates whose qualifications most closely match a position's requirements. Fulfilling the minimum requirements for a position does not assure an interview.
Apply for current Town of Hillsborough job opportunities at the town’s NEOGOV employment website or complete a job interest card.
Minutes Preparer — Three contract positions