Requests and Complaints
Below are instructions for submitting requests and complaints to town government. For code enforcement requests, see the Code Enforcement page.
See the Contact Us page for additional information on contacting town departments, divisions and offices.
For more information on the town's Americans with Disabilities Act Policy, see the policy page on this website.
Contact Safety and Risk Manager David Moore by email or at 919-296-9447 to:
- Request an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication.
- Request a modification of policies or procedures.
- File a complaint regarding the town's compliance to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Requests should be made as soon as possible, preferably 15 days before the activity or event. Moore serves as the town's policy coordinator for the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Anonymous crime tips can be reported to the Police Department three ways:
- Calling 919-296-9555.
- Using the See it, Say it, Send it app.
- Using the See it, Say it, Send it website.
Dead animals on roads should be reported to the Public Works Division. See the Street Maintenance page of this website for more information.
Downed trees on streets or in parks should be reported immediately. Between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, they should be reported to the Public Works Division by calling 919-296-9600. At other times, they should be reported by calling 911.
Officer commendation and complaint forms can be submitted online or downloaded, printed and brought to the main station. Police records requests and traffic concerns can be submitted through online forms.
Title VI of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in any program or activity that receives federal financial assistance. Below are documents outlining the town's policy and grievance procedure related to Title VI.
Report water line breaks, sewer spills and other water-related emergencies immediately by calling 919-732-3621.
Work orders can be submitted for by email or by calling 919-296-9600 for the following:
- Rollout garbage cart delivery or repair.
- Special pickup of bulk items outside the regular collection week.
- Special collections of brush, leaves or grass clippings outside of normal collection days.
For additional information, see the Garbage Collection and Yard Waste Collection pages.