Hillsborough Wins Resident Satisfaction Award
The Town of Hillsborough has been recognized with an award for resident satisfaction based on the results of its community survey, which were compiled earlier this year.
“We could not be more proud for Hillsborough to receive this award,” Mayor Jenn Weaver said. “Our highly qualified staff work incredibly hard to deliver excellent services to the community, and it is wonderful to see that effort validated by the community in this way.”
Hillsborough was one of 18 communities recognized by the market research firm ETC Institute, which conducted the community survey for the town. Nearly 200 communities conducted a community survey through ETC Institute between December 2021 and May 2022. The Leading the Way Award recognizes communities that rank in the top 10% in survey findings in three key categories:
- Satisfaction with overall quality of services.
- Satisfaction with customer service provided by employees.
- Satisfaction with the value residents think they receive for local taxes and fees.
In addition, Hillsborough also rated in the top 10% in survey finding in the following areas:
- Maintenance of sidewalks.
- Parks and Recreation programs and facilities.
- Enforcement of local codes and ordinances.
- Condition of neighborhood streets.
- Walking/biking trails.
- Availability of information about services and activities.
- Trash/garbage collection services.
In the Triangle, the towns of Carrboro and Holly Springs also received recognition from ETC Institute of Olathe, Kansas. The agency specializes in conducting surveys for local governmental organizations across the United States.
The statistically valid community survey, which was mailed to all households within Hillsborough’s town limits in December 2021, asked residents about their level of satisfaction and priorities for a wide range of community services, including public safety, parks and recreation, code enforcement, public works, communication and customer service. The survey is conducted every other year. The results are available on the town’s Community Survey page.