Police Collecting Toys for Santa’s Annual Visit
Donations of new, unwrapped toys will be accepted through 5 p.m. Dec. 18
Hillsborough police are planning another winter wonderland this year and could use your help!
The Hillsborough Police Department is collecting donations of new, unwrapped toys through Dec. 18.
Santa’s annual visit will take place 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 21 at the Dorothy N. Johnson Community Center. The community center, located at 501 Rainey Ave. in the Fairview neighborhood, will be transformed into a winter wonderland, with a light display up Dec. 21 through Jan. 1.
Make a donation
Donations to the toy drive may be made in several ways:
- Drop off toys ― 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through 5 p.m. Dec. 18 at the police station, 127 N. Churton St. The station will be closed to the public Nov. 24 and 25 for Thanksgiving.
- Shop online and opt for delivery ― Toys may be delivered to the police station: Hillsborough Police Department, Attn: Toy Drive, 127 N. Churton St., Hillsborough, NC 27278.
- Make a monetary donation online ― Use the town’s payments and donations site.
If you’re donating gifts for children:
- Gifts should be new, unwrapped and appropriate for newborns to children in their early teens.
- No toy weapons or candy should be donated.
For more information, contact Sgt. Scott Foster at 919-296-9563 or by email. Place “Toy Drive” in the subject.